I have written a post about PowerShell keyboard shortcuts on my new site. Go to https://get-note.net/2018/12/12/powershell-shortcuts/ to read it.
It has been more than 2 years ago that I wrote my last post on this blog. With a new year started it is time to make a new start and reboot this blog.
The last years I have been busy with many new things. And my work changed from being to traditional System Administrator to doing more devops. Working with Scrum, Git, Puppet. But still Windows related. This involved also a lot of PowerShell scripting.
Expect to see more about these things here. But also about IIS, Web Hosting and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
Want to know how easy it can be for hackers to get control of your webserver and other servers? The you should what this demo from TechEd 2014.
Of course some of the things should never be happening. Like connecting to a SQL server from a web application with the SA account.
Happy New Year!
Hope that 2013 will be a good year for you all!
With lots of love, happiness, peace and health!
In a few easy steps you can turn your Windows 7 laptop in a wireless hotspot without installing extra software. There is special software that do the same and that have many more features. But if you just need quickly a wireless hotspot for your mobile phone or tablet this is a good alternative.
You need to follow the steps below:
- Start a command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Execute the following command to create the hotspot.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=myssid key=mypassword
Do not close the command prompt yet!
- Open the Network and Sharing center and go to Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click on your internet connection and choose Properties.
- Select the tab Sharing.
- Check the option ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection‘ .
- Under ‘Home networking connection‘ select the hotspot that was created earlier. It is probably called ‘Wireless Network Connection 2‘.
- Click OK.
- If you are using a dial-up connection then you need to stop and start the connection.
- Go back to the command prompt.
- Execute the following command to start the hotspot.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork (use netsh wlan stop hostednetwork to stop the hotspot).
Now the hotspot on the laptop is ready to be used. You only need to configure you mobile phone or tablet.